Women Empowerment Cell
The key focus of WEC is empowering young females at RCET, nationally, and internationally as well. To us empowerment means anything from making healthier decisions, progressing in a career, giving back to society, and everything in between. We aim to achieve this through educational initiatives such as Competitions, Guest Lecture on various issues such as Women & Health and Domestic Violence, to name a few.
AIM OF THE CELL
To create awareness of the Women’s Right and to empower Women
- Mrs A.Bajulunisha / HOD/CSE- Chairman of the cell
- Mrs B.Thulasi Brindha / Assistant Professor/ English
- Mrs Nalini/Assistant Professor/ Physics
- Identification of strong leadership and change-makers and building their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for the female gender.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for the female gender to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- To make them aware of the guidelines of the Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the institution and society.
- To involve students to interact with rural and urban women who lack formal education and identify projects suitable for up-gradation using technology.
- To conduct a seminar, workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, scientists at the earliest so that they can be “job givers” rather than “job takers”.
IET at RCET
STAFF COORDINATOR: Mrs.K.Priya AP/ECE
To encourage interdisciplinary research among students, faculty members, practicing engineers, and scientists in the areas of Energy, Transport, Information and Communications, manufacturing, and the environment.
VARIOUS EVENTS CONDUCTED IN RCET WITH IET ASSISTANCE