ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu (ICTACT), an Initiative of Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu and Industry, is a not-for-profit autonomous organization focusing to improve the quality of students passing out of institutions in Tamil Nadu, to make them industry ready and immediately employable in the ICT industry comprising the ICT services and the ICT manufacturing sectors. This will meet the skill requirements of the industry and generate more employment in the state especially in tier 2/3 cities
ICTACT is governed by an autonomous Board of Governors with representations from the state Government of Tamil Nadu, leading companies in the ICT industry with presence in Tamil Nadu, and NASSCOM.
ICTACT is a pioneering venture under the Public-Private – Partnership (PPP) model that endeavours to train the higher education teachers and students in the areas of Information & Communication Technology, thereby making the students industry-ready.
To be a leading ICT knowledge centre, providing consultancy and training through industry-specific research thereby creating a new generation of the talent pool.
We collaborate with public and private organizations to create, integrate and disseminate knowledge in the field of ICT to BRIDGE the gap between Academic output and industry requirements thus providing every learner with an equal opportunity to become industry-ready.
ICTACT at RCET
Coordinator: G. Vignesh, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. N.Eswari AP/CSE and Mr S. Sulthan Sikkander Badusha AP/EEE attended ICTACT Faculty Development Program on Mobile Application Development held on 16.12.2015 to 17.12.2015.
- T.Sivasakthi AP/ECE, Mr.S.Krishna Kumar AP/CIVIL attended ICTACT HR SUMMIT 2015, Madurai on 28.10.2015
- Autodesk-ICTACT Training and international certification Program has been initiated for the benefits to the Mechanical and Civil Engineering Students
- G.Vignesh AP/CSE and the following students have participated in ICTACT Youth Entrepreneurship Summit (YES) in Madurai on 29.07.2015. R.Ramesh S.Vignesh (IV year CSE) C.Gopinath, A.Vinoth, S.Manikandan, S.Mano (III year CSE)
- As a part of ICTACT Digital India Pledge 2015, Digital Literacy Program for empowering 100 people with Digital Literacy skills has been initiated.
- In association with ICTACT, the Two Days Faculty Training Program on “Advanced Teaching Skills” for school teachers was conducted on 11.06.2015 & 12.06.2015.
- N.Eswari, AP/CSE, Mr.G.Vignesh, AP/CSE attended ICTACT – ORACLE Academy Faculty Training Program on “Java Fundamentals and Java Programming” during 30.03.2015 to 03.04.2015.
- Roever College of Engineering and Technology has taken the ICTACT Digital India Pledge 2015 with the theme Together let us build a “Digital India”! on 17.02.2015.
- Roever College of Engineering and Technology had been shortlisted as one of the Top 10 nominations for ICTACT ACADEMIC PARTNER EXCELLENCE AWARD 2015 among 242 institutions.
- G.Vignesh, AP/CSE, ICTACT Co-ordinator, Mr.VArivazhagan, AP/MECH, Placement Co-ordinator have attended “ICTACT BRIDGE 2015” conference on 17.02.2015 at Chennai Trade Center, Chennai.
- TNSDC-ICTACT Sponsored Training program on “BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES AND INSURANCE (BFSI)” for 2013-2014 passed out graduate students had been conducted during 03.12.2014 to 31.12.2014.
- G.Vignesh, AP/CSE, Mr.V.Arivazhagan, AP/MECH, Mr.T.Sivasakthi, AP/ECE, Mr.A.Robert Maria Vincent, Placement Trainer attended one day program of ICTACT sponsored “ICTACT BRIDGE 2014” on 27.08.2014 at Hotel Sangam, Trichy.
- G.Vignesh, AP/CSE participated in “ICTACT YOUTH SUMMIT 2014” with 10 students from II year CSE on 13.08.2014 at Codissia Hall, Coimbatore.
- List of students participated (II year CSE)
- Vasanth, C.Gobinath, S.Balaji, P.Vignesh Kumar, R.Shanmuga, M.Bharani, C.Gayathri, S.Sumitha, M.Roja, R.Ramya and A. Narkisbanu (III year CSE) was shortlisted for the regional level prelims of Youth Talk.
- The ICTACT Sponsored “FACULTY EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM” has been organized by the CSE department on 21.04.2014 and 22.04.2014 for the benefit of faculty members.
- A proposal for the Best Techno faculty award has been sent to ICTACT by Mrs.R.Punidha, Associate Professor/CSE.
- Two final year projects from each department have been sent to ICTACT for the best Student Innovator award and it is organized by the CSE department.