The seed for the Computer Society of India (CSI) was first shown in the year 1965 with a handful of IT enthusiasts who were a computer user group and felt the need to organize their activities. They also wanted to share their knowledge and exchange ideas on what they felt was a fast emerging sector. Today the CSI takes pride in being the largest and most professionally managed association of and for IT professionals in India. The purposes of the Society are scientific and educational directed towards the advancement of the theory and practice of computer science and IT. The organisation has grown to an enviable size of 100,000 strong members consisting of professionals with varied backgrounds including Software developers, Scientists, Academicians, Project Managers, CIO’s, CTO’s & IT vendors to just name a few. It has spread its branches all over the country. Currently having more than 500 student branches and rooted firmly at 73 different locations, CSI has plans of opening many more chapters & activity centres in smaller towns and cities of the country. The idea is to spread the knowledge and provide opportunities to as many interested as possible.
Working to engineer a better world
To inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community, supporting technology innovation to meet the needs of society.
We treat everyone with integrity and respect, continually striving for excellence in all our activities and use the power of teamwork to deliver value.
- IET Values
- Supporting Behaviours
- Operate professionally and ethically to gain trust.
- Be open and honest with each other.
- Respect everyone and value each other’s contribution
- Work towards the highest level of service and satisfaction.
- Use agile methods and seek innovative solutions to add value.
- Continually improve and adopt best practices.
- Encourage staff and volunteers to work together.
- Recognise the value of talented individuals working in teams.
- Be collaborative and partner with other organisations.
IET at RCET
STAFF COORDINATOR: Mrs.K.Priya AP/ECE
To encourage interdisciplinary research among students, faculty members, practicing engineers, and scientists in the areas of Energy, Transport, Information and Communications, manufacturing, and the environment.
VARIOUS EVENTS CONDUCTED IN RCET WITH IET ASSISTANCE